After adding the new features a few years back Facebook is being more optimized and better. Yes, because of this we got Facebook not as a Social app but also as a Streaming platform. Its auto videos on the post are not but if you are running your Facebook from the Cellular or Limited plan then it may not be a good option for you. Because of this you just need to get an idea about How to Turn Off Autoplay Facebook Videos.
Facebook plays the videos automatically when you swipe to the Watch section or while scrolling something there. Sometimes, suddenly when there’s a video, the sudden noise from that video may be an embarrassment for you and others too. For this reason, too you may not like these features.
Read next: How To Delete Bumble Account
How to Turn Off Autoplay Facebook Videos on Android, iPhone, Pc, Mac
There are two main reasons why you are in searching for the method on how to turn off Autoplay Videos on Facebook App, Site. As per my expectation, autoplay videos on Facebook are quite not better because autoplay may make you feel embarrassed and may destroy your attention too.
Turn Off Autoplay Videos on Facebook App Android
If you are on an Android phone and getting suffered from these Autoplay features then you can fix it easily. Yes, here you just need to follow these features to get rid of AutoPlay Videos on your Facebook Android,
- Open the Facebook App or Lite on your Android phone.
- Tap on the options bar, it’s three lines shown there on the top left side of the screen.
- Scroll down to the options and find/ tap on Settings from there.
- From Settings and Privacy tap on Media Section.
- Over the Media, you have to check out the option, Autoplay. Here you have three options there, On Mobile Data and Wi-Fi, On Wi-Fi Only, and Never Autoplay Videos. If you just want to disable autoplay to save the cellular plan then you can check/tap on On Wi-Fi Only. For better tap on the Third option given there.
- Finally Done.
After the option you can, you can get control over there. These are the steps that you have to follow on your Facebook for Android.
Turn Off Autoplay Videos on Facebook App iPhone
As on your Android phone, you can apply the same settings on your iPhone too. For an iPhone, you can disable the autoplay video features. Check this,
- Open Facebook App there and tap on the Options/ Menu icon with three lines. It’s shown on the button left of your screen.
- Tap on Settings there and then go to the Media as shown in the image.
- The Autoplay, section enables the best option as per your need. Here you can find the different options to choose from. If you are willing to disable the autoplay do save the data consumption then enable/tap on On Wi-Fi Only. If not then simply tap on Never Autoplay Videos.
- Finally Done.
If you are running on the iOS13 or newer then you can get control of these features from the Accessibility settings. Yes, you can disable autoplay videos on Facebook App for iPhone from there.
- Just go to the Settings and tap on the Accessibility options there.
Find the Motion and then you will get the different options including Auto-Play Video Previews. By default, it’s enabled.
- Toggle it to left/ swipe left to disable these features there.
- Finally done.
How to Turn Off Autoplay Videos on Facebook PC on Chrome
Autoplay Videos on Facebook work on every platform. In windows and web platforms Facebook plays the video automatically. So, you just need to note some of the points to get control over these features.
- Open the Facebook App for Desktop or Visit Facebook.com on your Chrome or another browser on a PC/ Laptop.
- Go to the Settings. For that, you have to click on the drop-down shown in the top left of the screen.
- Under the Settings, you have to find the option Videos.
- Under the Video Settings, you have to disable/ off the Auto-Play Videos.
Click on the Dropdown there showing Default or On. Over that dropdown, you have to click on of.
- Finally done.
How to Turn Off Autoplay Videos on Facebook using Mac OS
Like Windows OS you can apply the same settings with the steps to disable or turn off these features. Besides this, there’s one cool feature that you can steep out to turn off this feature.
- Open Safari Browser on your Mac and then click on the Safari showing on the top navigation bar.
- From there you have to open its Preferences, under this it will show the different options for you.
- Go to the Websites from there and then click on Auto-Play showing on the left sidebar of your Safari.
- Here on the other edge, you can find showing When visiting other websites: choose Never Auto-Play from that drop-down.
- Finally Done.
Auto-Play features of Facebook may not be the best for many users like you. This feature allows it to play the videos suddenly when you get stopped at the Videos while scrolling. It sounds bad, also sometimes the sensitive content on that videos may make you in trouble.
What do you think about this “How to Turn Off Autoplay Facebook Videos” post? Was this post helpful to you? Let me know in the comment below.
For More Tech Tips & Tricks, How-to Guides, and Gadgets reviews follow TechMRS on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.